Grace Communion International embraces Incarnational Theology. What does this mean?
This theology can be summarized in eight key points:
1. The Triune God created all people to participate through the vicarious (representative – substitutionary) humanity of Jesus Christ in the love relationship enjoyed by the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. The Son became human, the man Jesus Christ, to reconcile all humanity to God through his birth, life, death, resurrection and ascension.
3. The crucified, resurrected and glorified Jesus is the representative and the substitute for humanity at the right hand of God, and he draws all people to himself by the power of the Holy Spirit.
4. In Christ, humanity is loved and accepted by the Father.
5. Jesus Christ paid for all our sins – past, present and future – and there is no longer any debt to pay.
6. The Father has in Christ forgiven all our sins, and he eagerly desires that we turn to him.
7. We can enjoy his love only when we believe that he loves us. We can enjoy his forgiveness only when we believe he has forgiven us.
8. When we respond to the Spirit by turning to God, believing the good news and picking up our cross and following Jesus, the Spirit leads us into the transformed life of God’s kingdom.
More can be found about this Theology at the Surprising God Blog at the following web address: